Thursday, 26 May 2011

Supermarket Etiquette

I think that as I get older (you're not old, I hear you cry!), I find that my level of tolerance towards others is gradually diminishing. Not that I necessarily consider that is a negative thing, I think in some ways it helps you focus on those people that are worth focusing on.

Today I found myself once more in the aisles of uncertainty in Pak n Maze! Now I understand that the primary shopper at that time of day (around noon) is likely to be;
  1. female and
  2. probably with another human less able to manoeuvre through the store than themselves.
However this still leads me to ask the question, why don't you at least have some sort of strategic plan to get around this store in the least amount of time???? You're not buying shoes, or frocks just pasta and apples.

Supermarkets in my opinion need more traffic management and certainly more movement officials. What's wrong with single directional flow? If you 'park' your trolley in the middle of the aisle it gets towed away! If you're not moving at least faster than a dead snail then you go to the back of the line (outside in the rain!). Shoppers need to be checked in prior to entry to ensure they have at leasta half legible list, otherwise NO ENTRY.

And as for checkouts, I am wondering if the 'loverly' checkout ladies have had more than what would appear to be 'McDonalds type parot training'? I am toying with the following reply next week when, on cue, I will hear 'How are you today?'. I really really want to start with the reply...'Well now you come to ask, not too good actually, I was feeling alright yesterday but today I have this awful pain in my bowels....or penis... or whatever. It's got to be worth it just to see the reaction, what do you think?

No comments: